Garden Village COVID Response (updated on 24 January 2024)
Garden Village follows all advice provided by the Australian Government Department of Health and other regulatory bodies. The health and safety of our residents, service recipients and team members is our priority. As restrictions ease, it is important to keep people living in residential aged care facilities safe now and into the future.
As a provider of health and community care, Garden Village has developed a COVID Safety Plan.
Have a question about our COVID-Plan? Contact us online.
For daily updates on the virus and Australia’s response, we encourage you to check the Department of Health website by clicking here.
Garden Village requires your support and compliance with all visitor procedures. We also ask that you share this with any other people who may also wish to visit. Visitor Guidelines apply to fully vaccinated people over 12 years old. Visitor restrictions and screening requirements are subject to frequent change.
Garden Village will continue to:
- Ensure staff are educated on the policies and processes for all aspects of outbreak identification and management, particularly infection control
- Provide staff and volunteers training on how they are to control infection and prevent disease transmission
- Provide resident families with information regarding prevention of transmission
- Communicate significant changes in visiting arrangements to residents and family members in a timely manner.
- Ensure that we have a plan to restrict unwell visitors entering the facility, as well as limitation of well visitors during an outbreak, to reduce the risk of transmission within Garden Village and the community.