Chair Pilates classes now open in Port Macquarie. Pilates based exercises performed seated on a chair. Chair Pilates is a great way for people to get the health benefits of exercise without needing to lie down on a mat. Staying seated enables people who have limited balance and mobility or are in a wheelchair to perform the exercises safely and work towards increasing their strength and flexibility.
How might I benefit from Chair Based Pilates?
- Trunk (core) stability
- Gentle movement to work your core muscles
- Joint mobility and flexibility
- Move your joints more freely. Helps alleviate painful and stiff joints.
- Spinal articulation
- Improve spinal mobility and get your spine moving more
- Shoulder mobility and strength
- Strength work for your upper body and arms
- Leg, Glute and knee strength
- Improve your leg, glute strength and improve your balance
- Posture and alignment
- Improve and maintain your posture and body alignment
- Breathing and relaxation
- Focus on your breathing to activate then relax your mind and your muscles. Pilates helps reduce anxiety, stress and blood pressure.
About your instructor Gerry Buckland
“A Pilates enthusiast for over the last 18 years, my journey evolved as I sought to rehabilitate my back and ankle, which both caused chronic and debilitating pain. I discovered the tremendous effects of Pilates on my body and pursued this passion to become a Physio Assistant & a diploma qualified Pilates Instructor. I am passionate about all things Pilates and love to share techniques and my teachings with others. I love to help my clients strengthen, stretch, lengthen, and sculpt their bodies through Pilates exercise. I help my clients reduce body pain, and alleviate stress and anxiety through movement. My greatest achievements include seeing the life-changing results in my clients and my motto is simple, every step is progress!”
Join us at the Garden Village Wellbeing Centre and discover the benefits of chair Pilates right here in central Port Macquarie.