Thanks for your interest in Garden Village
Garden Village Community Services provides quality care to people in their own home. As a Support Worker you will develop a relationship with a group of clients and their families and provide a wide range of services including, personal care, domestic duties and social support services.
The care work you do may include care activities such as:
- Helping around the home – assisting with light housekeeping and meal preparation
- Giving personal care – helping with showering and getting dressed (Minimum Cert III in Individual Support qualification required)
- Providing transport to appointments, and accompanying clients on shopping trips
- Social outings like Cinema, Bingo, Lunches and Coffee outings to name a few.
- You might want to support in all or some of the areas of care/support, and that is fine.
The qualities we seek are:
- Excellent communication skills, empathy for and an understanding of the needs of older people.
- Have a genuine desire to help improve the lives of seniors and their families
- For those providing transport support and accompanying clients on shopping trips and/or social outings, access to a reliable car with comprehensive car insurance
- Meet the minimum vaccination requirements of the Health/Gov’t mandates.
About Garden Village
Garden Village has supported our community for over 40 years and is recognised as an industry leader. We provide compassionate home care through building trust and taking the lead to support individuals to live as independently as possible at home connected to their community.
Benefits of working with Garden Village
- Join a long established / secure organisation in a strong growth phase
- Ongoing support from our internal Clinical Nurse Educator
- Comprehensive career development opportunities
- Increase take home pay with generous (NFP) Salary Packaging