Garden Village is a values-based organisation; providing the highest level of person-centred care and support to our residents, families and the local community through contemporary operational excellence. We currently have a fantastic opportunity for part time carers to join our clinical care team. Reporting to our Nurse Unit Managers, our Personal Care Assistants (PCAs) work closely with our ENs and RNs to meet the daily needs of our residents across three aged care facilities.
As a PCA you will be providing your expertise in caring for our residents to ensure that that their individual needs are met both physically and psychologically. The role is diverse and will include showering, bathing, skin care, hair washing, shaving, denture eye and ear care, assistance with toileting, general ward ambulation, support mobilisation including ensuring correct use of aids, assisting with positioning, posture maintenance and comfort, observing and reporting resident wellbeing, assistance with meals and fluids, simple wound dressings, encouragement of participation in daily activities, completion of progress notes and clinical records, maintaining clinical equipment, changing and making up bed and maintaining a clean, comfortable and safe environment for patients, staff and visitors.
You will be an experienced and qualified carer who is compassionate, people-focused and a self-starter, with uncompromising professionalism, unshakeable ethics, and a passion for never accepting second best.
This role is entirely people focused in a caring and supportive environment, so is best suited to a personality that thrives when interacting with and assisting others.
- Relationship building skills that are second to none
- A genuine commitment to person-centred care
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and experience in communicating important information to others in a timely fashion
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and adapt to changing work priorities in an ever changing environment
- Ability to work independently as well as contribute whole heartedly to a professional multi-disciplinary team
- Certificate III or Certificate IV in Aged Care (or equivalent)
- Demonstrated success as a carer in aged care
- Ability to work a 7 day rotating roster (evenings, night shifts and weekends)
- Previous experience with iCare or similar care software
- Demonstrated planning and organisational capacity to undertake tasks efficiently and complete them in a timely manner
The Next Step
For more information about this role or organisation, please contact Katrina Davies, Human Resources on 6582 8923. We look forward to hearing from you.