We have some important updates to share regarding our mask-wearing and check-in procedures, which will come into effect on Tuesday, 3 October 2023. These changes are designed to enhance your experience while maintaining everyone’s safety.
1. Digital Check-In Process
We’re moving into the digital age! Say goodbye to the old paper check-in process. Starting October 3rd, we’re introducing a digital check-in process for both employees and visitors. Instead of filling out forms, you’ll use an iPad and a digital check-in system equipped with QR codes.
- All Contractors and Aged Care Visitors: You must wear a sticker printed upon successful check-in. If you don’t have one, it’s a sign that you haven’t checked in. Please return to Reception to complete the process.
- Retirement Living Visitors: Good news for you! You don’t need to go through the check-in process.
2. Digital Check-In Stations
To make things even more convenient, we’ll have two digital check-in stations. One will be at the main reception, and the other will be at Wintergarden (this will be rolled out two weeks after Reception).
3. RAT Tests
We’re simplifying our RAT (Rapid Antigen Test) requirements. RAT tests will only be required when staff or visitors are showing symptoms. If you’re feeling unwell or have symptoms like a runny nose, you should take a RAT test. Otherwise, there’s no need for a test every 72 hours.
4. Mask-Wearing Guidelines
We’re updating our mask-wearing guidelines
- Residential Aged Care Service: You’ll need to wear a mask as you enter Westerweller, Garden Lodge, or Wintergarden. However, masks are not required as you walk through Reception to Westerweller and Garden Lodge.
- Community Services: Masks must be worn in a client’s home.
- Moderate Risk Area: Currently, NSW Health guidelines define a moderate risk of influenza and RSV in the Port Macquarie local government area. As long as this risk remains moderate, masks will be required. However, once the risk drops to low, masks can be removed.
- Outside Client’s Home or outside at Residential Aged Care Common Areas: You can go mask-free when you’re outside a client’s home and outside at Garden Lodge, Westerweller and Wintergarden.
As always visitor wellbeing is our top priority. Please note that these changes are effective starting on October 3rd. We appreciate your cooperation and understanding as we adapt our procedures to ensure everyone’s safety and convenience.