It’s an exciting time at Garden Village as we watch The Banksia take shape. Your continued interest in joining our retirement living community is important to us and we look forward to updating you regularly as the next phase of development begins in 2022.
New milestone for The Banksia
Garden Village reached a new milestone in November celebrating the new roof and the next phase of the build. The Banksia was made possible thanks to a federal grant from the Building Better Regions Fund. Local MP for Cowper Mr Pat Conaghan joined us for a Topping Out Ceremony where a tree was raised to the roof to celebrate the occasion and bring good luck to the building. Mr Conaghan was impressed by the transformation and acknowledged the federal government funding towards the project.
Some construction delays have occurred due to material shortages industry-wide and inclement weather. The expected completion date is now May 2022. We are looking forward to the internal fit-outs to bring the beautiful interiors to life and promise to keep you updated.
Hydrotherapy Pool and Gym
In more good news, it was an honour to welcome Member for Port Macquarie, Lesley Williams to Garden Village to share the news of a $141,604 grant for our hydrotherapy pool and gym. The funding is a significant boost to support the health and wellbeing of our community as we continue to navigate the impacts of COVID-19.
Tours of our community
Garden Village is delighted we can offer high quality residences to people in the region. The new apartments give you the opportunity to experience the goodwill and care of the Garden Village community whilst enjoying your independence in a sophisticated sanctuary – The Banksia.
You are invited to a viewing and tour of the Garden Village community. Meet our friendly team and discover our amenities including the hydrotherapy pool, gymnasiums, café, community centre, men’s shed, Op Shop and wonderful outdoor spaces. Contact Sarah our Retirement Living Manager on 6582 8923 to arrange a tour email@example.com.
Major achievements in the build
- Inground services complete
- Inground conduit and substation chamber completed
- Flashings and cappings to the roof is complete
- Steel stud wall framing substantially complete on Ground floor and Level 2
- In-wall rough in of services on Level 1 is complete
- Aluminium window install continues
- 2 passenger lifts have been commissioned
- Waterproofing of internal wet areas has commenced
- Manufacturing of all kitchen, bathroom and miscellaneous joinery has commenced
- Fabrication of louvres, privacy screens, sunshade awnings and low height fencing
- Structural steel for the Wellness Centre has been fabricated for next phase