Garden Village Launches Consumer Advisory Committee for Aged Care and Home Consumers
A new responsibility for providers is to offer aged care consumers and their representatives the opportunity to join a consumer advisory body. We are establishing a Consumer Advisory Committee dedicated to the invaluable input of individuals who use our residential aged care and home care services, as well as their carers and family members.
The establishment of the Consumer Advisory Committee reflects our commitment to ensuring that the needs and preferences of our community are heard and acted upon.
What is the Consumer Advisory Committee?
The Consumer Advisory Committee will serve as a platform for members to share their ideas and insights on various aspects of our services. Key areas for discussion include:
- Quality and Range of Services: Providing feedback on the services we offer and suggesting improvements to enhance overall quality.
- Technology Usage: Evaluating the technology used by both Garden Village and our residents and clients, with a focus on staying current and meeting evolving needs.
- Communication and Resources: Assessing our communication methods and the resources we provide, ensuring they are effective and accessible.
- Areas of Improvement and Concerns: Identifying areas that require improvement and addressing any concerns that members may have.
Why Your Voice Matters
The Consumer Advisory Body was established in response to the recommendations of the Royal Commission, highlighting the importance of consumer involvement in shaping the future of aged care and home care services. This initiative must be in place by December 1, 2023.
What to Expect as a Member
Members of the Consumer Advisory Committee will serve a one-year term with the possibility of extension. We are committed to engaging with members regularly, and this will involve:
- Meetings: Face-to-face or virtual meetings, held twice a year, lasting up to one hour each.
- Document Review: Providing feedback on draft documents to ensure they align with the needs and expectations of our community.
- Representation: Acting as representatives for clients and consumers in our service areas, particularly focusing on matters of diversity and inclusion.
- Surveys and Interviews: Participating in surveys and/or interviews to gather in-depth insights.
Join the Consumer Advisory Committee
If you would like to contribute to the improvement of aged care and home care services and wish to become a part of our Consumer Advisory Committee:
- Request the Expression of Interest Form – Email Vanessa.Fox@gardenvillage.com.au
- Complete the Expression of Interest form and return to Vanessa via email or the Garden Village Reception.
Your input is crucial in shaping the future of Garden Village, and we look forward to working together to enhance the quality of our services.