Garden Village COVID Response (updated on 24 January 2022)
Garden Village follows all advice provided by the Australian Government Department of Health and other regulatory bodies. The health and safety of our residents, service recipients and team members is our priority. As restrictions ease, it is important to keep people living in residential aged care facilities safe now and into the future.
As a provider of health and community care, Garden Village has developed a COVID Safety Plan.
Have a question about our COVID-Plan? Contact Taryn Robinson, Executive Manager of Clinical Services or Catherine Smith Infection Prevention Control Lead.
Garden Village COVID-19 case status and vaccination status
- 8 Garden Village Residents tested positive to COVID-19 in January 2022. The virus was contained and no residents became seriously unwell.
- No residents tested positive to COVID-19 in 2021.
- Garden Village residents are vaccinated against COVID-19.
- We comply with mandatory COVID-19 and influenza vaccination for all staff
Garden Village requires your support and compliance with all visitor procedures. We also ask that you share this with any other people who may also wish to visit. Visitor Guidelines apply to fully vaccinated people over 12 years old. Visitor restrictions and screening requirements are subject to frequent change.
Garden Village will continue to:
- Ensure staff are educated on the policies and processes for all aspects of outbreak identification and management, particularly infection control
- Provide staff and volunteers training on how they are to control infection and prevent disease transmission
- Provide resident families with information regarding prevention of transmission
- Communicate significant changes in visiting arrangements to residents and family members in a timely manner.
- Ensure that we have a plan to restrict unwell visitors entering the facility, as well as limitation of well visitors during an outbreak, to reduce the risk of transmission within Garden Village and the community.